Friday 3 June 2016

Humble pie doesn't taste too bad !!

Ey up my faithful blogworms, Going on my jollies tomorrow so I'll be away for a couple of weeks.

Here's some early info on a new product that I hope will give you something to think over while I'm away


You may have noticed that I've gone a bit quiet on the old 'Dekton' front.

Good reason for that ..... Great material, ticks all the boxes I could ever wish to tick as far as using it is concerned but with one big drawback ...... None of the fabricators I use can cut it successfully, guaranteed !!


However ..... there's a new kid on the block called 'Neolith'.

Ticks all the same boxes but way, way easier to fabricate successfully. 

This means we're back on course for an all singing, all dancing worktop material. Training and cutting tests have gone well, we've a large colour database and have a thinner section of material available which means easier wall splashbacks can be made without the visual weight of the heavier sections in Dekton. 

We've got some samples and are going to do the extreme destruction testing we tried last time, just to make sure it lives up to expectations.

It also comes down to a 12mm thickness so we can make the new trend of ultra slim profile worktops which is a trend that seems to be gathering steam.

Haven't found a downside to this this one yet but I am trying. After the false start with Dekton, I'm digging deeper into the spec. for Neolith and talking to our fabricators in more depth to find out if they think there's any problem areas.

All's good so far and I will bring you up to speed with whatever I find out next time I check in with you. There is undoubtedly a huge market for a worktop that's impervious to everything but this time I just need to be sure in my own mind that I have the confidence to recommend it to you all.


 I don't mind admitting I'm wrong and eating a slice of humble pie because at the end of the day, I only want to provide products for our customers that I believe in and would be happy to have in my own home. That's my benchmark !!

Looking after your interests. Jules.

No comments:

Post a Comment