Saturday 1 June 2013

Underwater Basket Weaving

Ey up my faithful blogworms,

This week I just thought I'd tell you a little bit more about myself to give you an idea of what we're all about.

Married for 20 years this year, there is myself, my fabulous wife, 5 dogs, 4 kids (all left home and married ), 4 grandkids,1 Campervan, 1 Landrover and a big shed at the bottom of the garden which is my 'inventing stuff' place and sanctuary. A lot of the developments that find their way in to our product range with the kitchen company actually start life as the germ of an idea hatched in my shed !

The ability to "play" with ideas and designs has fuelled much of the direction the kitchen business has taken, it's provided to confidence to say ....Yes .... to pretty much any request for any furniture, no matter how weird or wondeful and know that we can and will build it, even if we have no idea how when we take it on.

And believe me .... over the years that's happened quite a bit .... but the important thing is that we do know with absolute certainty that it WILL be built and we WILL find a way.

As well as creating and building kitchens for close on 25 years now, my other interests include;


Playing out in our campervan, of which there have been a few sideways references to in previous blogs and on our website and ....Yes it does have a recycled interior in it made from reclaimed oak floorboards with our recycled coffee cup worktops. It would be rude not to & it was built in my shed !! Pic shown is a particularly wet New Years Eve last year and we decided to go wading .... scary.



Seeking inspiration for and building other reclaimed timber projects, such as the Camp box and table shown left, obviously to use in the campervan, which we do actually sell to anyone who needs one in their life. Contact me for more details !! We think they're fab !!





Also using reclaimed factory beam rip cut timber to build 'period' projects for our customers. This one shown is part of a suite of bathroom furniture we made to go in a victorian farm house and was inspired by the old washstands popular at the time.



We have been asked to tackle a variety of weird and unusual things over the years and recently we were asked to come up with Eco Retro as a concept. To revisit the 60's with brand new Eco status kitchen furniture and this was the result, Totally Eco and cool or what !!





I hope you found this snapshot into my crazy world interesting, if only brief, but it sums up what we do and why.
If you have any wierd and wonderful ideas of your own, do contact us and lets create them together !!

By the way, God knows where I got the title from, it was just the first random thing that came into my head. Even I think my head's a scary place sometimes.

Jules.





No comments:

Post a Comment